As a working man and woman living in the modern world, parenthood is viewed as a choice and not an obligation. Thus, it is worth pontificating if “mommy and daddy” is the right title for you, and if so when is the right time to have a baby. Choosing to bring another life into the world is a VERY big decision that will have profound impacts on your personal, financial and professional life.
Articles On Deciding to Have a Baby
- Best Life identifies 20 signs that you’re not ready to have kids. The signs are not euphoric, but certainly make you think and examine your life and priorities.
- Babble lays out 8 signs that you ARE ready to have a baby. The article has a very upbeat tone and in summation says that, in general, you are readier than you think you are.
- Today’s Parent provide 15 tongue in cheek signs that you are ready to have a baby. Essentially this article brings the “joys” of parenthood into full focus.
- Bustle details 9 signs that show that you and your partner should not be walking down the parenthood path soon. The reasons are straight-forward and do make you think.
- Parenting provides a useful guide for you and your partner to utilize in determining if it is the right time to be parents. The article details five important questions to consider prior to removing the goalie.
When in doubt why not take an internet quiz, or five, to help you determine if now is the right time to have a baby. In reality, your reaction to your results will be more telling then what the internet oracle tells you.
- Answer 15 questions that will tell you if you’re ready to have a baby.
- This quiz from Parenthood identifies if you and your partner are ready to have a baby.
- Take this to help you know if you’re ready to have a baby of your own.
- The series of questions in this quiz are designed to assess how prepared you and your partner are to have kids.
- Take this quiz from sofeminine to determine if you are ready to have a baby.
If quizzes aren’t your style, maybe a simple checklist will suffice. The below expertly created checklists can help you identify if you’re ready for the baby way of life.
- Romper provides a checklist created by an expert that details if you’re ready to have a baby.
- This checklist from Baby Center focuses on your lifestyle and things that you might need to remedy prior to having a baby.
- The Simple Dollar focuses on the financial side of having a child and providing a checklist that determines if your finances are prepared.
- Forbes provides a financial checklist before starting a family.