Welcome to the world of adulting! There are some great things about being an “adult” and some not so stellar things, such as managing your finances. It doesn’t matter if you’re new to making money, saving for a house, or trying to have more money for retirement; most people could benefit from being more financially savvy! The articles and resources below should help get you on the way to being the boss of your bank account.
- Advice For Being Financially Savvy
- How To Be a Smart Investor
- Why Having a Budget Is Important
- How To Build a Budget
- How To Stick To Your Budget
Advice For Being Financially Savvy
- The Credit Counsellors share 13 Habits of Financially Savvy people. The tips are straight-forward and while some are obvious others are great things to keep in mind.
- Wise Bread shares 10 things that financially savvy people do. Of course with the slogan, “living large on a small budget,” it’s no surprise that this website has useful advice. These are 10 things that are easy to do and should be kept in mind.
- The Entrepreneur provides 10 pieces of financial advice that are ideal to implement as soon as possible
- The Policy Genius suggests 7 habits to adopt to boost your financial intelligence
- Robert Kiyosaki, author of increase your financial IQ, breaks down the key points in his book highlighting how to be smarter with money.
- Jeff Rose writes this article for Forbes which lays our 15 crucial steps for achieving financial independence
How To Be a Smart Investor
- If you’re ready to invest but not sure how to get started than this article is for you. Nerd Wallet details 6 investments that are perfect for beginners.
- Investopedia offers a beginners guide of how to start investing in the stock market
- If you aren’t rolling in the dough but want to start investing, Money Under 30 provides easy ways to start making money. This article details online platforms and apps which make it easy to invest.
- CIBC details the 6 principles of smart investing detailing important things to think about prior to investing your money
- The Balance provides 10 ways to become a better investor. These 10 tips will get your started on your journey to financial growth.
- Global Banking and Finance provides a great overview of the information you need to know to be a smart investor. The difference between things like investing in stocks and bonds are detailed.
Why Having a Budget Is Important
- Budget Income details 10 benefits of budgeting your money
- This article from Cash Cow Couple describes different types of budgets and why having a budget is important
- Budgeting might be the key to keeping you out of debt. This article from The Nest provides 5 reasons to stick to that pesky budget.
- Well Kept Wallet details reasons why it is important to have a budget and lays out some basic ways to keep to your budget
- Forbes describes when budgeting is the most important and who actually needs a budget
How To Build a Budget
- Payoff Life details 5 steps to creating a budget
- Dollar Sprout describes 7 easy steps for making a budget. The article also mentions some great budgeting apps and a free budgeting spreadsheet.
- Every dollar provides a step by step approach for creating a monthly budget
- There are a lot of great budgeting apps that are available. The Street details the 9 budget apps that they think are the best.
- US News highlights 10 budget apps that it thinks are the best for managing finances
- If apps aren’t your thing, this article features 10 free budget templates that will help you keep a create a budget
How to Stick to your Budget
- The Bustle details 12 easy to follow ways to stick to your budget
- Mind Body Green describes how you can continue to live the good life while keeping to your budget
- Value Penguin provides a prescriptive approach for sticking to a budget
- If you’ve tried and failed at creating a budget this article is for you. Growing Slower details 6 reasons why your budget might have failed in the past and how to fix this going forward.
- One main financial provides 5 tips for sticking to a budget
- David Ramsey provides 15 practical budgeting tips to stick with your budget